Fields of Specialization
Health Economics, Labor Economics and Applied Econometrics.
Economic Integration of Immigrants, Tobacco Control Policies and Health Risk Behaviors.
- Assistant Professor (LTA), Department of Economics, Concordia University, August 2012-present.
- Part Time Faculty, Department of Economics, Concordia University, Winter 2011-2012.
- T.A & R.A, Department of Economics, Concordia University, 2008-2012.
- Full Time Lecturer, Department of Economics, Alexandria University, 2001-2007.
- The effect of graphic cigarette warning labels on smoking behavior: Evidence from the Canadian experience (with S. Azagba), Nicotine and Tobacco Research, 2012. doi: 10.1093/ntr/nts194
- The relationship between job stress and body mass index using longitudinal data from Canada (with S. Azagba), International Journal of Public Health, 2012. doi: 10.1007/s00038-012-0348-y.
- The association between workplace smoking bans and self-perceived, work-related stress among smoking workers (with S. Azagba), BMC Public Health, 2012, 12:123.
- Cigarette Taxes and Smoking Participation: Evidence from Recent Tax Increases in Canada (with S. Azagba), International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 2011; 8(5):1583-1600.
- The effect of job stress on smoking and alcohol consumption (with S. Azagba), Health Economics Review, 2011, 1:15.